Legendary castles and delicious regional products
South of the city, the Cicindria Creek twists through the sloping Dry-Haspengouw hills. Kerkom-by-Sint-Truiden and Bevingen are located in the middle of this glamorous landscape: these villages invite you to go on long walks, taste local beers and admire one of the many castles.
- Brewery Kerkom: Bink beer has been brewed and drunk since 1878. A true pleasure! The brewery offers 10 different beers.
- Pipo apple juice: Family business, specialized in ecological production of fruit (apples and pears). Freshly squeezed apple juice available.
- Biking route that passes view point Velm (water basin) ‘View on Haspengouw’
- Start hiking tour: Cicindria, several picnic spots
- Staying the night: B&B Casa de Paja
- Childfriendly hiking tour: Fruit quest in hiking area.